For my museum visit I decided to visit the museum of power as I had been there before and enjoy car and train engines. I paid particular attention to the way they exhibit each machine, and how the information is displayed.
Each machine has its own space, with a label on the machine and then a display board showing the information about it. The display board is a wooden stand with a board on the top section. Information about the machine is then placed on here. I felt this kind of display board is very boring and unimaginative, although it does work for the purpose required. Here is an example of the display board:
The machines are sectioned off from the main walk way with a metal fence. This prevents the machines from being damaged by the public, as well as injury to the public as many of the machines are left running. This system works well as the fence cannot be moved and is high enough that small children wouldn't be able to lean over. The only down side is that it doesn't look very attractive, but in this kind of environment it does fit in quite well. Here is an image of the fence in front of a machine.
Overall the visit gave me an insight into how to exhibit our work during our exhibition. The main ideas I gained were that it is important to section the work off from the main walk way, and the display boards should be clear as to which exhibit the information is for.
No comments:
Post a Comment