Tuesday, 9 March 2010

Website Redesign

My current Website is at the address: www.martinholroyd.webs.com

but I wish to create a new one with a custom domain name that not only looks professional, but has a professional URL so that I can edit and use the site however I wish.

Here is the first design of the homepage of the new website I am currently designing:


This homepage, as you may or may not have noticed has pictures of my own work edited to be shown on the various screens of Times Square in New York. I next hope to make some of the screens animated, and to also add in an interactive feature, where if the user hovers over an image it will enlarge slightly and give the effect of coming out of the screen. They will then be able to click on it to give a more advanced details on the work. I will also need to add additional information and directions to make it more obvious how to navigate but this should not be hard to overcome.

1 comment:

  1. I had a look to your current website. I believe this is a very interesting idea, but also a time-consuming one. Be aware of your times and the fact that, if you change your website image, you will have to work in business card and CV to unify your branding. At the same time, you will be working in your portfolio (of which, by the way I can't see any progress) and the different and increasing tasks for your exhibition. I'm not trying to disencourage you, I just want you to be aware of time and deadlines.
    Please be sure of adding the information I asked you to add last week in class: images or sketching of ideas for binding and cover presentation of your portfolio, work you will include in it and how are you planning to organize it (order and editorial design).
    I don't want anyone in class to leave on holidays without adding this information to their blogs.

    ReplyDelete