Portfolio Structure
I plan to back the work on pieces of brown paper/card, like in the design of the front cover, which will show the design theme throughout, on every single page. The actual front portfolio design (above) will be put on thick card so it is durable and easily identified as the front.
Binding:
To bind the pages I have researched into methods of doing this, and I found an idea which I think is quite interesting. Thermal binding seems like quite a cost effective way of binding things easily and with a strong outcome. There is also a very good advantage that thermally bound pages can be unbound, and then rebound if pages are added etc. This would be ideal for a portfolio. This is an image of a thermally bound document. The white strip down the side indicates it has been thermally bound.

This is the information I found:
"Thermal Binding uses a one piece cover with glue down the spine to quickly and easily bind documents without the need for punching. Individuals usually purchase "thermal covers" or "therm-a-bind covers" which are usually made to fit a standard letter size sheet of paper and come with a glue channel down the spine. The paper is placed in the cover, heated in a machine (basically a griddle), and when the glue cools, it adheres the paper to the spine. Thermal glue strips can also be purchased separately for individuals that wish to use customized/original covers."
A Thermal Binder is available at a very cheap price at play.com which would suit my needs.

Organization:
I plan to organize my pages in mostly chronological order, with a few exceptions. The basic flow of work will be from 2D Designs and Illustrations, to 2D Animations (screenshots of each stage to show how it would play back on a video player), to 3D Models, and then finally to 3D animation (which would also be screenshots again of each major stage in the video).
In each of these organization sub folders, I will order the work in order of how good quality I think it is, with the best designs coming first, and the least best last.
No comments:
Post a Comment