Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Evaluation Of Module

Evaluation of group work on exhibition

At the start of this semester I didn't know what this module was for. I guessed it was a kind of personal development type module but didn't know any official details. After the first lesson things were much clearer and I was quite excited by the idea of having an exhibition, also the realization as to how much work was excepted did daunt me. I felt it was important to keep up to date with the work as much as possible so in the final stages of putting everything together it would be easier and less time consuming.

The first stage of the module we were split into group and had to come up with ideas for a theme for the exhibit. Our group came up with a few alright ideas, but there was quite a lot of confusion as to how to go about this; whether the work being exhibited had to link in with the theme, and also a few of us thought perhaps each group would have a section of the room which they would decorate in the style we were researching. This became a lot clearer after speaking to the tutor and other groups and we set about researching materials, ideas and sketches. My main tasks in the group were to research materials and also develop ideas for the main theme we liked which was 'nature'. Once we had presented our groups work it was obvious as to which theme the rest of the class liked and this was the 'artist studio' type of theme.

Once the main theme had been chosen we were then split into groups again for the different tasks that needed to be completed for the exhibit. I opted to be in the 'exhibition' group because I felt my skills would be more useful in promoting and organizing the event. My first task was to try to get sponsorship from Tesco, where I work. I did speak with the managers but as another store had already given some money for it they said they could not donate any more. The second task was to make a list of equipment for the scene and for use, such dvd players and monitors, as well as pens and pencils to add to the 'artist studio' effect.

The next task given to me was to make some objects and props for the scene. I began by shredding some paper in a paper shredder I have at home, and then placing it in a mesh bin. This is typical for a designer to have lots of experimentation in designs and wasted paper.

I was then given the task of filling out the risk assessment form to be used for the exhibit. This was a list of any possible risks which could occur and the measures we will take to make sure no injuries to us and the public will happen. This did take quite a while as I had to re visit the exhibit location to give me more ideas as to what kinds of risks are obvious, such as positioning of sockets so cables won't run across the walk way etc. Once this was done it was sent to the High Chelmer event organizers.

The final task given to me for the exhibit was to create a Facebook page, which is now up and running and can be viewed via a link on the previous post on the blog. This was created for the purpose of attracting more people to coming to the event, as they will know well in advance. I will provide a new update a few days before the event so that the public know the dates are very soon, and reminding them to attend if they wish to.

Overall I feel I have provided adequate work towards to exhibit on a group level, and have always offered my services to Saav, the team leader for my group. Due to having to share the work out between everyone in the group and having the largest group of the three, some people have had more work than others, but I have always had something to work on for the week; whether updating the Facebook page or developing more props, so have always been kept busy.

I think the exhibit will go really well, as long as we get the larger shop to work with. We all know it will be hard work the first couple of days but it should be well work the effort in the end.


Evaluation of personal profile work

Since the start of the module I have advanced greatly in advertising my skills. I have experimented with the fonts, colours and designs of all my work, and eventually came up with a clear and set style which I have stuck to throughout the branding of my designs.

Overall I have really enjoyed creating each design and I am proud them. I hope that my hard work and efforts in my designing and self promotion pay off and give me an advantage in obtaining a job after finishing the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment